8.09.2013

Badass Buy: Peacemaker Japan Laserdisc

Before I begin, apologies for the horrible pictures. 
I took some shots using my phone and did a half-assed job of editing out the background with photoshop. I clearly wasn't in the mood. 
Peacemaker Japan Laserdisc front cover courtesy of robotGEEKSCultCinema.blogspot.com

































Peacemaker Japan Laserdisc back cover courtesy of robotGEEKSCultCinema.blogspot.com

For those of you who have never seen this, you are sorely missing out on one of the best and baddest low budget action/sci-fi films to come out of the 90's. Seriously, I mean it. This film kicks some serious Badass Cinema ass and displays some of the best and coolest stunt work sorely missing from modern films. It's heaps better than you would ever expect it to be and remains one of my favorite all-time action films. Sure it's supposed to have a sci-fi angle, but it's mainly an action film with some amazing stunt work. Throw in some Robert Forster and Robert Davi for good measure and well, do I really need to sell you on this? 

I believe I may have suggested this to Matt over at Direct to Video Connoisseur a while back, but I may be wrong, and he ended up seeing it after another had suggested it on his Facebook page as well and liking it very much. So much so that he gave it a pretty badass and favorable review, which you can check out HERE. You can also check out "MY" review of it HERE


To the right here you will see the common U.S. VHS cover >>>

So here in the U.S., there's "still" never been a decent release of this film, shockingly. I can't imagine what the holdup is. The VHS is easy and cheap to come by, and only once had I ever come across the U.S. laserdisc on eBay. But no DVD release of this exists here in the states unfortunately, which is such a shame since we'll apparently never be able to see this in a cleaned up widescreen transfer. Shout/Scream Factory, I'm talking to you! Hint, hint. Buuuuuut, I randomly came across this Japanese Laserdisc beauty a while back and totally lucked the fuck out. So I now have a slightly better than VHS quality version of this for my viewing pleasure. I was also lucky enough to snag an original Japan VHS copy of this a while back also, which I will be posting sometime soon so be on the lookout. 

So if I haven't made my self clear yet, let me say it again. If you haven't seen this yet and you dig a badass action film, get yourself a copy and check this out immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment