3.22.2017

Samurai Cop German VHS Tape

This is a tape I've been after for a very long time. Much like the U.S. VHS release, it's near impossible to find, so for me, they both fall under the "Holy Grail of VHS" category for me. I'll admit, my list is small, but this easily made it's way on there years ago and I'm thankful to be able to scratch it off my list. A good friend of mine in Germany, Ingo from Hellford 667 Movie Reviews, knew my birthday was coming up and shockingly came across this cheap recently and was somehow able to time it so perfect that it literally arrived in my PO Box exactly on my birthday. Talk about a sweet surprise!

I'm sure I don't need to actually talk about the film itself as I'm sure you know by now, it's pretty fucking amazing. Easily one of the BEST Bad Movie Night films ever made. Always guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser no matter how many times you've seen it. Each time it will crack you up. What I love about this particular cover is that it depicts nothing accurately about the film itself at all, which makes it all the more amusing. Fantastic cover and art for sure, but if you go into the film expecting to see anything from this cover, you'd be sorely disappointed. But not for too long, because you'd be having too much fun with the film regardless.

So yea, just wanted to share this fantastic tape with you all. Hope you enjoy it.

2 comments: